Kumar & Associates is seeking experienced field engineering technician(s) for work in the Glenwood Springs office.
Responsibilities include field observation, testing, sampling, and inspection of soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt, and reinforcing steel placement. Basic certifications will be required within 90 days of hire and on-the-job training will be provided.
As an Engineering Technician, the candidate will work on active construction sites with a vehicle and equipment supplied by the company.
The position requires long-term standing and repetitive motions. Candidates must have the ability to use hands; reach, climb or balance; crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel, and sit lifting. Candidates will regularly lift, move, or shake up to 40 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; occasionally move more than 100 pounds (i.e. a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete samples)
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent, required
- 0-3 years of experience
- Basic math skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read maps, follow directions, and interpret engineering and construction plans
- LabCAT, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Level I, and WAQTC certifications are desired but will provide training for the appropriate candidate
Candidate(s) must have a valid driver’s license without restrictions and the ability to pass a background check (worker’s comp). Responses will be kept confidential.
- 8-10 hour days
- Monday through Friday
- Overtime (After 40 Hours per Week)
- Occasional Weekend